[Ocfs2-devel] A deadlock when system do not has sufficient memory

Junxiao Bi junxiao.bi at oracle.com
Sun Aug 24 18:50:43 PDT 2014

Hi Jiufei,

Maybe you can consider using PF_FSTRANS flag, set this flag before
allocating memory with GFP_KERNEL flag and unset after the allocation.
Checking this flag in ocfs2 when trying to free some pages during memory
direct reclaim. See an example from upstream commit
5cf02d09b50b1ee1c2d536c9cf64af5a7d433f56 (nfs: skip commit in
releasepage if we're freeing memory for fs-related reasons) .

Thanks,
Junxiao.