[Ocfs2-devel] why oracle give up dlm by disk on ocfs2? because performance?

Jeff Liu jeff.liu at oracle.com
Tue Jul 2 22:06:43 PDT 2013

On 07/03/2013 09:27 AM, Jensen wrote:

> On 2013/7/3 1:20, Mark Fasheh wrote:

>>> Thanks for your comments.
>>>
>>> Has Oracle compared the performance between ocfs2 and ocfs1?
>>
>> Firstly, that's implied in the answer you just got. Also, who wouldn't
>> compare performance from one version of a file system to the next?
>>
>> Can you please cut to the chase and either ask what you really want to know
>> or make the statement you're trying to make so we can move on?
>>

> Thanks for your answer.
> we want to use compare and write scsi command to replace DLM module. it is similar
> with vmware vmfs.

I'm not trying to answer this question.

I knew that OCFS2 is deployed in HuaWei.com in a large-scale cluster up
to 128 nodes, so I'm not very much surprised at something you mentioned
below, but...

> why we want to replace dlm in ocfs2? because:
> 1. The stability of ocfs2 dlm is very poor, we found 100+ bug.

That sounds interesting, how to classify those problems?
- Fatal error, panic
- Result in an interruption in service
- Wrong results, but can work around?
- Trivial

Reporting bugs to bugzilla/OCFS2 would be useful to keep track of them:
https://oss.oracle.com/bugzilla/

Thanks,
-Jeff