[Ocfs2-devel] o2cb_ctl -D option

Gihan Munasinghe gihan at flexiant.com
Sat Jan 5 14:18:29 PST 2013

Hi

I am trying to manage the ocfs2 cluster set up using the o2cb_ctl tool
to create cluster add nodes etc.
But I see that "o2cb_ctl -D" to delete a node it says the option is not
yet supported.

Looking at the code (according to my very limited knowledge of it) I can
see that two helper functions need to delete a node is actually implemented

1) in o2cb_config.h "gint o2cb_cluster_delete_node(O2CBCluster *cluster,
const gchar *name);".  Which I think will do the deletion from the
config structure

2) in o2cb.h "errcode_t o2cb_del_node(const char *cluster_name, const
char *node_name);". Which seems to be removing the node from /sys/

So my question is there anything else that need to be done except for
calling the above 2 functions and checking for error etc. Or do I need
to worry about hart beat, locking etc.

If someone can put me in the correct direction I am more than happy to
add that code in.

Thanks
Gihan