[Ocfs2-devel] fcntl(F_SETLK) returning ENOSYS

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Nov 14 02:01:30 PST 2012

Hi all,

tracing a couple of reports here (on a somewhat older version of OCFS2,
with a user-space/pacemaker/dlm_controld.pcmk stack) where we see
fnctl(F_SETLK) return ENOSYS. This happens after a node has failed/been
fenced and recovered. It affects only individual mounts, not the whole
system.

The only code path that I can see so far that could lead to ENOSYS being
returned here is from within dlm_controld:process_plocks() if
disable_plocks == 1. But I can't find the tell tale log message that I
think we should see (from store_plocks) if this value was set.

We'll continue investigating, but perhaps this rings a bell for someone
and we can shorten the latency ;-) Thanks for any insights.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA