[Ocfs2-devel] Race condition between OCFS2 downconvert thread and ocfs2 cluster lock.

Xiaowei.hu xiaowei.hu at oracle.com
Tue Feb 21 16:42:21 PST 2012

Yes, I noticed the lockres_set_pending and lockres_clear_pending doesn't
exist in 1.4 code.
But 1.4 code did have the problem, that when lock a new lockres,
lockres->l_action = OCFS2_AST_ATTACH,
and l_flags |= OCFS2_LOCK_BUSY ,and release the spin lock before ast was
queued. Also there is no pending status for
downconvert thread to check and quit before the BUG().