[Ocfs2-devel] [Ocfs2-users] ocfs or configfs bug ?

Joel Becker jlbec at evilplan.org
Wed May 18 03:49:56 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 06:38:17PM -0700, Sunil Mushran wrote:
> configfs_readdir() is racing configfs_d_delete(). And I cannot
> see how we can use the existing spinlock to prevent the race.
>
> sysfs uses a coarse lock sysfs_mutex to prevent against this.
> I think we should do the same in configfs.

	sysfs_mutex is peppered everywhere.  It's rather ugly, I think.
I am thinking about how the code reads.  I admit I also don't like that
sysfs_mutex serializes all accesses to the sysfs directory tree, but I'd
be OK with that as a stopgap solution if the code only read better.

Joel

--

"The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about other
 people."

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec at evilplan.org