[Ocfs2-devel] useless tools - tunefs.ocfs2,fsck.ocfs2

Pawel pzlist at mp.pl
Thu Jan 20 05:42:52 PST 2011

  One of ocfs2 filesystem has some errors.
1. fsck.ocfs2  informs me that :    "I/O error on channel while reading
.. " It was NOT TRUE - I was able to read and write  entire storage over
the network multiple times.
2. becouse of CRC  errors and suggestion to disable metaecc I run
tunefs.ocfs2 --fs-features=nometaecc /dev/xxx
funefs allocate 9,89 GB of virtual memory and 95% of phisical memory
(4GB). After 4 hours process has been killed - because of out of memory.

I have to recreate new filesystem and restore data from backup.

I try to use tools in version 1.4  and 1.6 (newest)
Filesystem is quite small 250GB and less than 10 000 files, exported by aoe.
Additionally  on the new clean FS -  running tunefs.ocfs2
--fs-features=nosparse behave in the same way

It seems that the tools are not "perfect"
Could   anyone confirm?

Pawel