[Ocfs2-devel] Problems with fsck

Massimo Cetra ctrixk at navynet.it
Thu Jan 13 12:25:59 PST 2011

On 12/01/2011 17:16, Sunil Mushran wrote:
> fsck is failing because it is encountering block(s) with incorrect
> checksums. An easy solution is to disable checksums and rerun
> fsck. Checksums can be renabled later.

Uh. I noticed that CRC32 errors from the kernel but i didn't really
think that it was related to the problem.
fsck reporting I/O errors was driving me to something more serious
(broken disks) but obviously i didn't find anything about it on the
controller.

I would suggest to modify that error about I/O indicating some causes of
the problem

I would also ask how to disable checksums as i don't find it in the docs
(hope this informations will help others).

> The problem started with the segfault when activating indexed-dirs.
> Do you have the coredump?
No sorry, i wish i had.

Max