[Ocfs2-devel] Global heartbeat - drop#1

Wengang Wang wen.gang.wang at oracle.com
Wed Jul 28 07:45:33 PDT 2010

Hi Sunil,

The global heartbeat also introduce a difference comparing with local heart.
With the ghb, what if the non-heartbeat ocfs2 volume(s) fail(s)? Say some lower
layer(raid/disk-driver) become unhappy to work anymore. In case, no failover
since no self-fence I think. So it could cause the domain in question
unavailable(finally), isn't it? With the original lhb scheme, no such problem.
Is there a solution?

regards,
wengang.