[Ocfs2-devel] + sysctl-use-rcu-protected-sysctl-for-ocfs-group-add-helper.patch added to -mm tree

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Jan 8 19:00:52 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 05:41:51PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> My observation is that every commit email I send out prominently includes the text
>
> : Before you just go and hit "reply", please:
> :    a) Consider who else should be cc'ed
> :    b) Prefer to cc a suitable mailing list as well
> :    c) Ideally: find the original patch on the mailing list and do a
> :       reply-to-all to that, adding suitable additional cc's
>
> <gives Joel a wedgie>

1) I added ocfs2-devel, as (b).
2) As to (c), I don't have the original mail in my mailbox. I think I
   must have accidentally deleted it without noticing the ocfs (sic) in
   the subject.  This sometimes happens in the torrent of lkml (I filter
   ocfs2-devel to its own mailbox, but I don't think Andi CC'd that).
   If you're just saying "please remove mm-commits from the reply", I
   can do that next time this happens.
3) Ow!  ;-)

Joel

--

"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
        - Albert Einstein

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle