[Ocfs2-devel] dlm stress test hangs OCFS2

Coly Li coly.li at suse.de
Tue Sep 15 00:11:32 PDT 2009

Sunil Mushran Wrote:
> The full trace is available here.
> http://oss.oracle.com/~smushran/calltrace_x1
>
> So one sees the following block repeated. It shows that the lock is
> being downconverted from EX to NL but also upconverted presumably to EX.
>

> Coli, Can you map the pids to the process names.

Hi Sunil,

In the attached trace info, I add current->comm after the pid.

Here is the steps I reproduce the blocking,
- This time I only run 1 make_panic process on each node.
- I ran make_panic on x1 firstly, then on x2.
- On node x1, after creating 3-4 files, I start the make_panic script on node x2.
- On node x2, make_panic blocked immediately, no file created. On node x1, after
creating 13 files, make_panic blocked too.
- After waiting for several minutes, still blocked. I stop gathering trace info.

Please check the attachment. Thank.

--
Coly Li
SuSE Labs