[Ocfs2-devel] [RFC] The reflink(2) system call v4.

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Mon May 11 15:27:17 PDT 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Joel Becker wrote:

> and other security attributes (in all, I'm gonna call that the "security
> context") as well.  So I defined reflink() as such.  This meant

"security context" is an term associated with SELinux, so you may want to
use something like "security attributes" or "security state" to avoid
confusing people.

> +	error = security_inode_reflink(old_dentry, dir);
> +	if (error)
> +		return error;

We'll need the new_dentry now, to set up new security state before the
dentry is instantiated.

e.g. SELinux will need to perform some checks on the operation, then
calculate a new security context for the new file.

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris at namei.org>