[Ocfs2-devel] Add FIEMAP_EXTENT_SHARED flag

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Dec 18 13:24:09 PST 2009

On 2009-12-17, at 22:10, Joel Becker wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 12:46:50PM -0800, Sunil Mushran wrote:
>> Please could you Ack this patch. This adds a new FIEMAP flag to
>> denote
>> shared extents which we are using to identify such exents in
>> reflinked
>> files.
>
> 	These patches are now in ocfs2.git.  If anyone has any concerns,
> let me know.

Hi Joel,
are there any plans to submit an e2fsprogs patch to print out the
"shared" extent flag from "filefrag"?

At first glance it would also seem to make sense to set this flag for
ext2/3/4 xattrs that are sharing an external extent block.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group