[Ocfs2-devel] Garbage ERESTARTSYS in dlmdomain.c?

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Mon Aug 31 14:14:45 PDT 2009

Look at this code from dlmdomain.c:

                /* If we're racing another node to the join, then we
                 * need to back off temporarily and let them
                 * complete. */
#define DLM_JOIN_TIMEOUT_MSECS  90000
                if (status == -EAGAIN) {
                        if (signal_pending(current)) {
                                status = -ERESTARTSYS;
                                goto bail;
                        }

                        if (total_backoff >
                            msecs_to_jiffies(DLM_JOIN_TIMEOUT_MSECS)) {
                                status = -ERESTARTSYS;
                                mlog(ML_NOTICE, "Timed out joining dlm domain "
                                     "%s after %u msecs\n", dlm->name,
                                     jiffies_to_msecs(total_backoff));
                                goto bail;
                        }

Why are we returning -ERESTARTSYS when there isn't a signal pending?
This seems like it could totally do something weird, like have entry.S
get confused.

Joel

--

"If you took all of the grains of sand in the world, and lined
 them up end to end in a row, you'd be working for the government!"

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com