[Ocfs2-devel] ocfs2_controld.cman

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:38:10 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 00:22, Joel Becker <Joel.Becker at oracle.com> wrote:

>        Well, this is going to be fun.  I have to figure out which
> daemon is the "first", and now it's just racy.  I could swear that
> someone told me cpg would guarantee i see the joins in order, not at the
> same time.

"In order" does not necessarily imply "one node at a time".

I don't consider it unreasonable for two nodes starting (effectively)
simultaneously to appear in the first membership.
I believe Heartbeat had the same property.

Why not just take a lock when you want to create the daemon_protocol
section (and allow the second guy to fail gracefully)?
Perhaps cpg even has something like this built in...