[Ocfs2-devel] ocfs2_controld.cman

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 14:33:17 PDT 2009

If I start ocfs2_controld.cman in parallel on a few nodes, only one of them
starts up, the others exit with one of these errors:

call_section_read at 370: Reading from section "daemon_protocol" on checkpoint "ocfs2:controld" (try 1)
call_section_read at 387: Checkpoint "ocfs2:controld" does not have a section named "daemon_protocol"

call_section_read at 370: Reading from section "daemon_protocol" on checkpoint "ocfs2:controld" (try 1)
call_section_read at 397: Unable to read section "daemon_protocol" from checkpoint "ocfs2:controld": Object does not exist

It does work ok if I remove those two checks.

Another thing I noticed while looking in the code is that it assumes a single
node will become the first member of a cpg on its own when a bunch of nodes
join at once: daemon_joined(daemon_group.cg_member_count == 1);

This isn't a correct assumption.  It's possible that two or more nodes joining
at once will become initial members together.  (I realize that it's a very
convenient assumption to make after using it in previous pre-cpg programs, and
it may take a fair amount of work to do without.)

Dave