[Ocfs2-devel] ACL support in OCFS2

Jean-Louis.Morard at bit.admin.ch Jean-Louis.Morard at bit.admin.ch
Thu Oct 9 07:45:44 PDT 2008

Dear All,

I have to introduce a cluster file system that is supported by Novell SLES 10 and that supports ACLs. OCFS is a good candidate as it is integrated in the standard Linux kernel. Unfortunately it doen't support ACLs. We noticed however that Tiger Yang posted a patch to support ACLs in OCFS2 (http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-devel/2008-September/002837.html). Is it possible to know if this patch will be integrated in the standard OCFS distribution and when? Or does any patch in a RPM format exist?

Freundliche Grüsse

Jean-Louis Morard
Informationssystem-Architekt

Eidgenössisches Finanzdepartement EFD
Bundesamt für Informatik und Telekommunikation BIT
Innovation

Monbijoustrasse 74, 3003 Bern
Tel. +41 31 32 33793
Fax +41 31 32 59030