[Ocfs2-devel] [Patch 1/3] ocfs2-tools: Resolve rpmlint warnings in init scripts

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Tue Nov 25 09:05:52 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 09:35:11AM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 23:30, Joel Becker <Joel.Becker at oracle.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 02:19:40PM -0800, Joel Becker wrote:
> >>       rpmlint is wrong here, as it is tracking a SuSE-only behavior.
> >> At least, I can't find a RHEL system that behaves different from LSB.
> >
> >        Actually, rpmlint is always wrong.  An empty -Stop line is valid
> > on sles11 as well - it just means "the same as -Start".
>
> Ok, just ignore the this patch then.
> I've no personal attachment to them... its just something that the
> SUSE build system threw up and I wanted to be a good OSS citizen by
> submitting it upstream :-)

	Did you see the other part, where I stated we should have
"Required-Stop" match "Required-Stop"?  That's the correct change -
valid for LSB and for SLES11.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #197

	"Don't forget, a person's greatest emotional need is to
	 feel appreciated."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle