[Ocfs2-devel] New OCF edition of o2cb

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Nov 19 10:10:13 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 09:49:24AM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> 	Why does it need to 'default' to any stack?  o2cb.init gets the
>> answer out of /etc/sysconfig/o2cb, and I would assume OCF would have a
>> similar sort of thing.
>
> Actually not.

<snip>

>         <primitive id="o2cb-cman" class="ocf" type="o2cb"
> provider="ocfs2">
>           <instance_attributes id="o2cb-cman-attrs">
>               <nvpair id="cman-stack" name="stack" value="cman"/>
>           </instance_attributes>
>         </primitive>
>
> and the Pacemaker version (which can use the advertised default for
> "stack") would be:
>         <primitive id="o2cb-pcmk" class="ocf" type="o2cb"
> provider="ocfs2"/>
>
> If I had knowledge of cman, its likely I could automatically work out
> the "right" stack to use instead of just defaulting to pcmk.
> But for the initial cut, I thought it best to provide a manual setting
> (that happened to favor the author :-) rather than an automatic one that
> was probably only half right.

	Well, if you are just trying to figure out the value to stick in
/sys/fs/ocfs2/cluster_stack, the answer is "cman", because I wrote those
bits in ocfs2-tools ;-)

> Np.
> Do you want to fix that when you commit or shall I resend?

	Why don't you resend so we don't have me stomping on it?

Thanks,
Joel

--

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest
 people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com