[Ocfs2-devel] [RFC] configfs: Pin configfs subsystems separately from new config_items.

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Jun 20 15:36:14 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 02:46:44PM +0200, Louis Rilling wrote:
> But keeping this last config_item_put() prevents the simplification that I'm
> defending. And I think that the simplification is worth moving this
> config_item_put() before client_drop_item().

	I guess I'm not seeing what's simpler.  Four lines of
try_module_get() aren't very complex, really.  Conversely, having some
functions that *don't* do config_item_get_item() is weird.  Not invalid,
just harder to read.
	Let's put it on the shelf.  What I have with this patch is
really no different in effective behavior.

Joel

--

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."
         - Goethe

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle