[Ocfs2-devel] block-count in mkfs.ocfs2

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Fri Jan 25 10:24:28 PST 2008

No reason other than mke2fs does the same. Using similar params makes
it easier for everyone. Also, we hardly expect anyone to limit the fs
to smaller than the volume size. AFAIK, it's mainly used in testing
(on/off)line fs resize. :)

It's 8k blocks... meaning 32M, for a 4K blocksize. That is fine if all
the user is doing is hosting datafiles as the db rarely grows the
datafiles... meaning no need for journaling.