[Ocfs2-devel] fs/ocfs2/alloc.c too big

Corey Minyard minyard at acm.org
Thu Apr 24 08:37:26 PDT 2008

When compiling fs/ocfs2/alloc.c for a MIPS platform, the size of the
section became too large for the jump using in MIPS atomics to reach the
places it needs to go.  I've split up alloc.c into three files (tree.c
and truncate.c) to fix it for now where I'm working.

I'm curious if this has already been done.  It could be argued that the
MIPS code needs to be fixed to handle the size, but that would slow down
the atomics and I think >6000 lines is probably too big, anyway.  I'm
willing to split it up in the current code base, if the maintainers are
willing to accept the change.

Thanks,

-corey