[Ocfs2-devel] ocfs2 1.4: A new beginning

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Thu Dec 20 15:29:19 PST 2007

These patches allow ocfs2 pulled from mainline commit
e7b34019606ab1dd06196635e931b0c302799228 to build on 2.6.18.
I am not emailing the first set of patches that essentially copy
the source from the mainline and copy the build infrastructure files
from ocfs2-1.2.

The rationale behind this series of patches is not only to allow
it to build with el5 (2.6.18) but to do so with minimal code changes.
The latter will help us later when we have to backport new patches
from mainline.

Please review the patches concentrating on the tricks played to
allow one to build the same tree against both 2.6.18 and mainline.

Sunil