[Ocfs2-devel] Re: [Ocfs2-tools-devel] Patch for debugfs.ocfs2 ``icheck'' command

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Thu Nov 2 17:06:17 PST 2006

http://oss.oracle.com/~smushran/debugfs.ocfs2-icheck-04a.patch

The comments have been inlined in the patch.

Summary;
1. Follow Tao's recommendation for checking against known holes.
The check for the first cluster group can be done before hand, and for
the remaining, it can be done as part of the group descriptor check.

2. It should allow users to provide multiple block numbers. See do_locate()
for more.

3. The output should not only accommodate multiple block#s but also
provide a little more information. For e.g., for a regular file, list the
logical block#. (The idea behind this is for users to be able to easily
map a physical block on a device to an offset in a file.) Other inode types
are easy to search thru and may not need any help. A known hole
should be marked as a HOLE. We'll clean it up later.

Other than that, it is looking good.

Sunil