[Ocfs2-devel] Fencing in OCFS2

Sum Sha sumsha.matrixreloaded at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:46:47 CDT 2006

With some experiments and going through OCFS2's quorum code, I am sure
that in case of serial split-brain, quorum algorithm will surely break
and will cause complete cluster shutdown. It will cause all the
subcluster nodes to panic themselves. Please correct me if I am
wrong...

o2quo_make_decision() function, which is responsible for taking the
final decision during hb_up and hb_down, makes lots of assumptions
(which may fail) and it may take wrong decision in serial split brain
cases.

Probably this problem will be resolved once "we have some more
rational approach that is driven from userspace" as mentioned in
quorum.c

Thanks.
Sumsha.