[Ocfs2-devel] Ocfs2 performance

Bernd Eckenfels be-mail2006 at lina.inka.de
Fri Mar 10 19:57:31 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 05:09:13PM -0800, Mark Fasheh wrote:
> until the locks needs to be upgraded or downgraded. This provides a very
> large performance increase over always asking the DLM for a new lock.

Yes, it is basically the same problem as the buffer cache. Excessive
single-use patterns dirty the small cache or require a too big cache to be
usefull.

Maybe a user specific limit of percentage of hash (and locks) used? I mean
the untar test case is a bit synthetic, but think of concurrent read access
in a cluster of nntp servers (news article pool).

Gruss
Bernd