[Ocfs2-devel] Ocfs2 performance bugs of doom

Daniel Phillips phillips at google.com
Fri Mar 10 04:27:01 CST 2006

J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:26:09PM -0800, Daniel Phillips wrote:
>>A poor distribution as you already noticed[1].
>
> How did you decide that?

I looked at it and jumped to the wrong conclusion :-)

When I actually simulated it I found that the distribution is in fact
not much different from what I get from rand.  So much for trying to
pin the blame on the hash function.  Next lets try to pin the blame
on vmalloc.  (Spoiler: it's not vmalloc's fault either.)

Regards,

Daniel