[Ocfs2-devel] A patch for ocfs2 source configuration process.

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu Aug 3 15:20:46 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 04:27:31PM +0800, tao.ma wrote:
>     After do the configuration I find a strange thing. Although my
> kernel is "2.6.9-11.19AX"(Asianux2.0 on a vmware server with a single
> processor configured), the configuration find that it is
> 2.6.9-11.19AX-smp. So after I make and install, those *.ko went to the
> wrong place.

	Interesting.

> The reason is:
> 1. When vendor/ax2/vendor.guess runs.
> The script is :if [ "`rpm -qf /etc/asianux-release --qf '%{VERSION}'
> 2>/dev/null`" != "8AX" ]
> while in my machine it is "2.0", not "8AX".

	Hmm, I wonder where we got 8AX (from someone with Aisianux, I'm
sure, I'm going to check...).  Hm, the logs don't say where I got it
from.  Can someone on this list verify what that should be?  Anyone with
Asianux, please respond with the output of:

    # rpm -qf /etc/asianux-release --qf '%{VERSION}'

> I also modify the script in vendor.guess. In asianux2.0, In /etc, you
> can find
> redhat-release and asianux-release.  So the vendor.guess will get the
> wrong string
> "ax2
> rhel4".

> Attachment is my patch. Hope it can help.

	NAK.  The entire point of ./vendor.guess is that it has
absolutely ZERO vendor-specific knowledge.  We're not adding
vendor-specific knowledge to the generic script.
	That said, Asianux also keeping /etc/redhat-release is really
broken.  Bad Asianux.  _That_ said, we have to deal with the real world.
I suspect that the sort order solves it.  If we exit with our first
successful vendor, we win (it will find asianux before redhat).

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #452

	"Never compromise your integrity."