[Ocfs2-devel] Support for SLES9

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Oct 25 10:54:27 CDT 2005

On 2005-10-25T10:32:39, Michael Steinmann <msl at calivia.com> wrote:

> Support for SLES9 seems to be pretty much lacking at the moment.

This is not true, hopefully.

> The OCFS2 site [1] states OCFS2 is supported with SP2+. There actually
> does not exist a SP2+ for SLES9 (or should this rather read "will be
> supported in SP3" instead?).

It measn "SP2 and up".

> Latest RPMs that come with SLES9 SP2 are 0.99.14 which has critical known
> bugs and is unusable.

The in-kernel version is much higher, which is where the critical bugs
have been fixed.

A later user-space version has not been deemed necessary yet; if you
have a support contract and require it, please file a request.

> Anybody got to compile current source on SLES9 x86_64?
> 1.1.2, 1.1.6 and trunk all fail to compile on SLES9.SP2
> 2.6.5-7.191-smp SMP x86_64 [3].

SP2 only officially supports OCFS2 1.0.x.

We will include 1.1/1.2 in SP3.

> Problem here is that we loose IP heartbeat and node1 fences shortly after
> mounting a shared LV on the second node [4]. Bummer.

Please file a support request with Novell.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering