[Ocfs2-devel] Small fixes for ocfs2-tools 1.1.1

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Sun Aug 21 23:02:00 CDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 04:19:34PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> The second one I'm not sure about whether you want to take it upstream.
> If linking against com_err, you need to also link against pthread now.

	I'm so tired of arbitrary "punish the 99% of users who are sane
by pulling in threads, which are only used by 1% of folks" patches.
Then you have harder compatibility issues, and you have larger run sets,
and you have whack stuff going on when debugging...

> In our specfile, I also had to move debugfs.ocfs2 and ocfs2cdsl from
> /sbin to /usr/sbin, because they link against glib, which is not on /,
> and thus our build system doesn't like binaries on / linked against
> that.

	Oh, you mean distro A puts thing in different and more
surprising place than distro B?  That _never_ happens in Linux! :-)

Joel

--

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
         - Oscar Wilde

Joel Becker
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Oracle