[Ocfs2-devel] Fail to create OCFS volumn on the hard disk via a QLA2312 fiber channel card.

Zhang, Sonic sonic.zhang at intel.com
Tue Mar 2 17:01:23 CST 2004

Hi,

	I am Sonic Zhang from Intel PRC. I am now working with Rusty to
port the OCFSv2 to kernel 2.6.

	I have set up an environment to compile and run the OCFS v2
driver. I run kernel 2.6.0 on 2 IA32 servers with 2 QLogic QLA2312 fiber
channel cards and 1 hard disk array. After I download the source code of
OCFS tools and compile them, I found I can't create OCFS volume on the
disk connected via the fiber channel card, while EXT3 volume can be
created successful on the same disk.

	I run following command to create the OCFS volume.

[host1]>mkfs.ocfs -F -b 128 -L testocfs -m /mnt/ocfs /dev/sdb2
Error opening /dev/rawctl .
No such device, bindraw.c 62.

	Does anybody know what's the cause?

	Thank you.