[Ocfs2-devel] fail to write to a file in a way of direct io(kernel 2.4.24)

Ling, Xiaofeng xiaofeng.ling at intel.com
Sat Jul 31 08:12:09 CDT 2004

How about 2.6 kernel?

________________________________

	From: ocfs2-devel-bounces at oss.oracle.com [mailto:ocfs2-devel-bounces at oss.oracle.com] On Behalf Of Chen, Yukun
	Sent: 2004Äê7ÔÂ30ÈÕ 7:16
	To: ocfs2-devel at oss.oracle.com
	Subject: [Ocfs2-devel] fail to write to a file in a way of direct io(kernel 2.4.24)

	Hi All,

	I meet a bug on kernel 2.4.24, rev 1303, steps to duplicate: (also, I have committed a bug #110 in the bugzilla of oss.oracle.com)

	1.open a file in an ocfs2 partition in a way of direct io(read/write rights have been granted to the file)

	2.write something to the file

	nothing will be found on the file even after I umounted and then remounted the partition. Furthermore, I can write to the file successfully in a non-directio way.

	Any ideas on it?

	Thanx.

	Aaron

	Intel China Software Lab