[Ocfs2-devel] [Patch] We resolve the throughput drop problem whenr eading filesin OCFS2 volume in the patch "ocfs2-truncate-pages-1.patch" againstsvn 1226.

Ling, Xiaofeng xiaofeng.ling at intel.com
Thu Jul 1 19:09:56 CDT 2004

 There are still some improvement we may do for this patch.
1. Move the message from open to close
     So if there is an open in another node during the write on this =
node, it will not affect the next read.
2. Send the message only when there is really a write before the close. =
(Maybe we can use the flag OCFS_OIN_OPEN_FOR_WRITE? It is now only used =
in direct io)
3. When creating a new file, do not send the message.( Need to add some =
flags to OCFS_I(inode) ?)
4.Send the message only to those node that have ever opened this file.( =
maybe similar with process of the DROP_READONLY message for directory =
operation?)
   =20
any more suggestion?
    =20