[Ocfs2-devel] Playing with OCFS2

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Thu Jan 29 15:21:58 CST 2004

I just took the latest version of OCFS2 code from Subversions today.

I am using a Fedora Core 1 system with all updates applied.

I am using a Firewire Maxtor drive to put it on.  Currently only testing
with one computer and one drive.

I was able to build the OCFS2 and OCFS-TOOLS components with no
problems.

I copied the ocfs2.o module to my local /lib/modules... Directory.

I ran:
	mkfs.ocfs -F -b 128 -L ocfs-test -m /ocfs /dev/sda1
	(not sure why mkfs.ocfs wants to know where the partition will
be mounted???)

I ran:
	ocfstool and created my /etc/ocfs.conf

I then ran:
	load_ocfs2 and it complained about ip_port_v2 missing.  So I
created an ip_port_v2 entry with a value of 7002.

Re-ran:
	load_ocfs2 and the driver loaded.

I then tried to mount the volume:
	mount -t ocfs /dev/sda1 /ocfs

	waited for awhile and it returned but no drive was mounted :(

So I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

John