[Ocfs2-devel] [Patch] use asynchronous journal commit in ocfs_rename

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Tue Aug 3 12:57:03 CDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 03:49:57AM +0800, Ling, Xiaofeng wrote:
> ok. I've made the patch. see attach.
Coolness, next time could you include it inline in the mail?  :)

In ocfs_link, you did:
ocfs_handle_add_lock(handle, OCFS_LKM_EXMODE, FLAG_FILE_CREATE, inode);

You left out the FLAG_FILE_UPDATE_OIN which is somewhat critical as it is
what the other node keys on to know that it needs to update the inode
information (otherwise i_nlink might've gotten out of sync).

Also, tmpstat is no longer used in ocfs_link so I removed it.

I came across an unexpected bug in the way we handle symlinks, but the fix
(which is unfortunately, something of a hack) was fairly simple.

I'm looking forward to just removing the checkpointing code altogether now
:)
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh