[Ocfs2-devel] Patch to remove the code to zero buffer in ocfs_extend_file()completely.

Zhang, Sonic sonic.zhang at intel.com
Mon Aug 2 18:14:40 CDT 2004

Hi,

	After read the code of ocfs_setattr() and
ocfs_alloc_node_block(), I think the new allocated file data block
should be zeroed when the ocfs_extend_file() is called from these 2
routines.

	So, I changed my solution. In this new patch, the zero data
block is written back immediately only for system file, for the other
files it is marked dirty and written back asynchronously.

	The performance improvement of ocfs_extend_file() for non-system
file is almost the same as the former solution.

	Any suggestion?
	See the attachment.