[Ocfs2-devel] About 2.6 porting bug 58 "system halt when unmount a volumeimmediately after read/write"

Zhang, Sonic sonic.zhang at intel.com
Fri Apr 23 17:40:19 CDT 2004

Hi,

	I think I find some clues of this bug.

	Since svn version 847, function ocfs_release_oin() is removed from the =
file oin.c. In function ocfs_file_release() of the former version, the =
inode usage count i_count is decreased in ocfs_release_oin() each time =
dentry->d_count is 0. But, in the latest version, it won't be decreased =
until the journal lock is released in journal_commit_cache().

	I remember that this change is to avoid access empty inode pointer =
reserved in journal lock. Am I right?

	In kernel 2.6 VFS routine sys_umount()->...->generic_shutdown_super(), =
if the inode usage count i_count is not 0, error information is =
reported. Then, the system will halt in routine =
kill_bdev()->truncate_inode_pages().

	I am looking for a good solution for this bug. Do you have some advice?

	Thank you.

Sonic Zhang
Software Engineer
Intel China Software Lab