[Ocfs2-announce] OCFS2 1.2.4-2 released

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Fri Feb 2 17:29:07 PST 2007

All,

We are pleased to announce the release of OCFS2 1.2.4-2.

This release addresses the lowmem consumption issue that has plagued
many users.
It also addresses few races in the dlm relating to the lockres migration.

The complete list of changes post 1.2.3 is available here:
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/news/article_10.html

Please note that we did have to update the network protocol in the 1.2.4
release and thus cannot support rolling upgrade from 1.2.3 or earlier to
1.2.4.
We are well aware that this causes problems for many users and we would not
have made the change if we did not think it necessary. We apologize for
the inconvenience.

The packages for Oracle's EL4 will be available on the ULN site sometime
early next week.

Novell has already incorporated all the patches bundled in this release in
their SLES10 SP1 code tree. Please contact Novell for the release schedule.

Packages for Red Hat's RHEL4 are available in the OCFS2 download area
for all ten
kernels (starting 2.6.9-22.EL) and six architectures. Follow the links
to download
the appropriate package. (Refer to the FAQ if you are unclear as to
which package
you need to install.)

As always, we look forward to hearing from you on the
ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com
mailing list.

The OCFS2 Team

OCFS2: http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2