[Ocfs-users] inodes and ocfs

David Sharples davidsharples at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 09:42:35 PST 2007

Hi, ocfs-2.4.9-e-enterprise-1.0.12-1 Redhat 2.1 enterprise kernel

Dont know if this is a problem or not but our monitoring software picked up
that an ocfs filesystem has a lack of inodes available to it

[root]# df -i
Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/sdh              163825  163527     298  100% /a04

This filesystem has about 11 files in it and isnt used, so don't understand
how all the inodes could be used.  I have another production server where it
is at 100%

/dev/sde              163825  162636    1189  100% /a01
Is this a problem, or is df reporting things incorrectly, or not an issue (
I know OCFS isn't posix compliant and inodes are implemented differently)

Thanks