[Ocfs-users] mounting and unmounting takes forever

Kurt Hackel Kurt.Hackel at oracle.com
Tue Mar 23 09:53:48 CST 2004

Hi Susan,

Actually the bug you are describing was in 1.0.9-4 ;-)  Mounting should
take on the order of 10 to 20 seconds to allow time to stabilize the disk
heartbeat that ocfs needs to determine which nodes are up.  In some
older versions of 1.0.9 there was a bug which would allow a mount to
complete very quickly, but would result in the newly mounted node
performing recovery on one or more other nodes already mounted because
it would instantly (and erroneously) see them as dead.

Thanks!
-kurt