[Ocfs-users] OCFS filesystem used 7%

Wim Coekaerts wim.coekaerts at oracle.com
Mon Mar 8 22:49:27 CST 2004

well you don't say how big the fielsystem is...

by default you lose like 4 or 5mb just at first mount
then another 4 or 5 mb per node that mounts
so if you hve 4 nodes you can already be looking at 20-30mb of space out
the door.

when you create tons of files in a directory, the space of those entrie
is not released until the dir is deleted etc.

there was a bug in 1.0.9-xx where we had soem sort of a leak when
creating and removing files often ina directory but..

anyways, in geneal people have many gb's of space, not a few mb or a few
100mb, if that's the case, I don't really care.