[Ocfs-devel] RE: [Ocfs-users] Permission Denied on ocfs directory

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at burnsecs.com
Wed Jun 2 13:06:22 CDT 2004

Thanks for the reply.

The archive logs are on dedicated volumes so we can reformat them no
problem after upgrade to 1.0.12.

The only bit I can't get my head round is why it took five minutes
before ARC could get access to the volume again. The archive purge job
(which was doing the delete, probably) only had one log to copy to tape
so it should have done its stuff pretty quick (although the diagnostic
log for the purge job has been overwritten, so no proof). Maybe the
purge suspended waiting for media, but then that's not really a race.