[Ocfs-devel] ORACM upgrade question - ORA-29702

sean.hull at pobox.com sean.hull at pobox.com
Sat Sep 13 06:37:00 CDT 2003

Hi:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post.  I've just joined some of
these lists following OOW 2003.

I had a cluster db working sporadically, but now it won't start after
upgrading my oracm from 9.2.0.1.0.31 to 9.2.0.2.0.41 on both nodes.

node1
RH 7.3
kernel 2.4.20-rc2-orafw
oracm 9.2.0.2.0.41
oracle 9.2.0.2.0
OCFS-1.0-up

node2
RH 8.0
kernel 2.4.20-rc2-orafw
oracm 9.2.0.2.0.41
oracle 9.2.0.2.0
OCFS-1.0-up

When I try to startup Oracle on either node I get this error:

--
SQL> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  131142104 bytes
Fixed Size                   451032 bytes
Variable Size              96468992 bytes
Database Buffers           33554432 bytes
Redo Buffers                 667648 bytes
ORA-29702: error occurred in Cluster Group Service operation

SQL>

--

Do I need to upgrade/patch any pieces of my setup?  I have a copy of RH
2.1 ASDE, and I'm thinking of installing that, but don't want to go to all

Any ideas?

Sean