[Ocfs-devel] Re: [Ocfs-users] ocfs issues with 9.2.0.3

Wim Coekaerts wim.coekaerts at oracle.com
Tue Nov 11 19:02:31 CST 2003

I wuold try without powerpath (mount the /dev/sdXX devices directly)
I would try the qlogic driver that comes with red hat (if you are using
the emc/dell provided one)
and try again

pwoerpath hurts performance a lot with certain drivers.
the qla driver that we have seen being installed at customers was linked
without himem io and without varyio which is just plain wrong.

so, also you shoudl talk to oracle support since this clearly is a real
setup... this is just as time permits on this list so don't want to set
expectactions that this will always get instant responses.

also if you run e.24 as kernel, go to at least e.25

so my advice

red hat e.25
qlogic driver from addon/qla2xxx/ from Red Hat -not anyone elses

and try direct on the device instead of empower