[fedfs-utils] Proposal for end-of-life for fedfs-utils development

Chuck Lever chuck.lever at oracle.com
Fri Jun 2 08:01:05 PDT 2017

Upstream fedfs-utils has not been under active development for
two years or more, and there is a scant user base. I'd like to
propose making 0.10 the final major release of fedfs-utils.

The plan:

- Since 0.10 is in at least one major enterprise distribution,
I will remain available to integrate security fixes and make
new minor releases in the 0.10 line, as needed, for one to
two more years.

- Retire and remove fedfs-utils from upstream mirror distros
such as Fedora rawhide.

- Transfer utilities such as nfsref into nfs-utils, with
support for FedFS junctions removed.

- Announcements of the change in status will be made on
fedfs-utils-announce and on the wiki.linux-nfs.org site.

Comments welcome!

--
Chuck Lever