[fedfs-utils] Installation Guide for fedfs-utils 0.8

Chuck Lever chuck.lever at oracle.com
Thu Oct 25 08:30:16 PDT 2012

Since the soon-to-be-released Fedora 18 comes with fedfs-utils 0.8, I thought I would follow Ian's example and compose some installation instructions.  One thing turned into another, and now I've put together a full Installation Guide.

Documentation specifically for fedfs-utils 0.8 is now here:

  http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/FedFsUtilsDocs0.8

The page contains a link to the fedfs-utils 0.8 man pages, to Ian's testing write up (posted on this list earlier), and to the new Installation Guide.

[Ian: I didn't address any of the review comments, it's pretty much what you posted last month.  I think this can be a base document for Fedora Test Days...? ]

I'm now fairly settled on the Installation Guide's organization, but some of the specifics are untested.  They are kind of in "lorem ipsum" mode, if you know what I mean.  It would be great if folks could review and try out the instructions.  I've just grabbed F18 alpha media myself and will try some of this out soon.

I'd like to have the Guide tested before Fedora 18 becomes final which, according to this schedule, is going to be in the first half of December.

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/Schedule

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com