[fedfs-utils] FedFS support in Fedora 17?

Jeff Layton jlayton at poochiereds.net
Fri Jul 8 06:02:08 PDT 2011

I'd like to tentatively plan to add FedFS support to Fedora 17. The
feature freeze date for Fedora 16 is July 26, 2011. We can probably
ball-park the feature freeze for F17 at around 6 months from then
(January 26th, 2012).

For this to work, we'd need most everything to be merged upstream by
that time. This includes the nfs-utils and kernel changes required for
server-side support. Does this seem like a reasonable target?

To this end, I've made a first stab at a fedfs-utils rpm for rawhide:

    http://fedorapeople.org/~jlayton/fedfs-utils/

It's just a single monolithic package for now, but I think we'll
probably want to split it into several packages -- maybe fedfs-client
and fedfs-server (and maybe 2 packages for the server-side pieces --
one for the daemons and one for management tools).

Thoughts?
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at poochiereds.net>