[El-errata] New Ksplice updates for UEKR5 4.14.35 on OL7 (ELSA-2019-4878)
Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Mon Dec 16 10:10:34 PST 2019
Synopsis: ELSA-2019-4878 can now be patched using Ksplice
CVEs: CVE-2018-14625 CVE-2019-11135 CVE-2019-15213 CVE-2019-15215 CVE-2019-15217 CVE-2019-15219 CVE-2019-15924 CVE-2019-16994 CVE-2019-16995 CVE-2019-17053 CVE-2019-17055
Users with Oracle Linux Premier Support can now use Ksplice to patch
against the latest Oracle Linux Security Advisory, ELSA-2019-4878.
More information about this errata can be found at
INSTALLING THE UPDATES
We recommend that all users of Ksplice Uptrack running UEKR5 4.14.35
on OL7 install these updates.
On systems that have "autoinstall = yes" in /etc/uptrack/uptrack.conf,
these updates will be installed automatically and you do not need to
take any action.
Alternatively, you can install these updates by running:
# /usr/sbin/uptrack-upgrade -y
* CVE-2019-16995: Denial-of-service in HSR networking finalization.
Missing resource deallocation in the High-availability Seamless
Redundancy network core could result in memory exhaustion and eventual
* CVE-2019-17053: Permission bypass when creating a IEEE 802.15.4 socket.
A missing check on user capabilities when creating a IEEE 802.15.4
socket could lead to a permission bypass.
* CVE-2019-17055: Permission bypass when creating a Modular ISDN socket.
A missing check on user capabilities when creating a Modular ISDN socket
could lead to a permission bypass.
* CVE-2019-16994: Denial-of-service when registering an IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel.
A missing free of resources when registering an IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel fails
could lead to a memory leak. A local attacker could use this flaw to
exhaust kernel memory and cause a denial-of-service.
* CVE-2019-15213: Denial-of-service when removing a USB DVB device.
A use-after-free when releasing a USB DVB device could lead to a kernel
crash. An attacker could exploit this to cause a denial-of-service by
plugging in a malicious USB device.
* CVE-2019-15215: Denial-of-service when disconnecting CPiA2 USB camera.
A use-after-free vulnerability in the V4L2 interface for CPiA2 USB
camera allows a malicious USB device to crash the kernel. An attacker
could exploit this to cause a denial-of-service.
* CVE-2019-15217: NULL pointer deference when using USB ZR364XX Camera driver.
A missing check when querying capabilities of USB ZR364XX Camera device
from user space could lead to a NULL pointer dereference. A local
attacker could use this flaw to cause a denial-of-service.
* Kernel hang in block layer during CPU hotplug.
Excessive warning logging in the block layer could result in a flood of
kernel messages and deadlock during CPU hotplug under specific
* CVE-2019-15219: Denial-of-service in USB 2.0 SVGA dongle driver when using a malicious USB device.
A logic error in USB 2.0 SVGA dongle driver could lead to a NULL pointer
deference. A local attacker could use this flaw and a malicious USB
device to cause a denial-of-service.
* Improved fix to CVE-2018-14625: Kernel information leak when releasing a vsock.
A use-after-free bug when releasing an AF_VSOCK socket may allow an
attacker to read kernel memory from inside VM guest. This could be
exploited to leak privileged information and possibly impersonate
AF_VSOCK messages destined to other clients.
* Kernel crash in OCFS2 direct IO cluster allocation.
Missing locking when allocating clusters during a direct IO operation
could result in triggering a kernel assertion and subsequent crash.
* CVE-2019-15924: Denial-of-service in Intel FM10000 Ethernet Switch module load failure.
Missing error handling when creating a workqueue for an Intel FM10000
Ethernet Switch could result in a NULL pointer dereference and kernel
crash under specific conditions.
* Missing MDS and Spectre v2 mitigations on EIBRS supported CPUs.
On systems that support Enhanced IBRS (EIBRS), the mitigations could be
incorrectly set when toggling the symmetric multithreading (SMT) feature
* Improved fix to CVE-2019-11135: Side-channel information leak in Intel TSX.
The original fix for CVE-2019-11135 did not correctly initialize the TSX
mitigation which could result in an incomplete mitigation.
Ksplice support is available at ksplice-support_ww at oracle.com.
More information about the El-errata