[El-errata] New Ksplice updates for UEKR3 3.8.13 on OL6 and OL7 (ELSA-2019-4871)
Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Wed Dec 11 07:00:54 PST 2019
Synopsis: ELSA-2019-4871 can now be patched using Ksplice
CVEs: CVE-2019-1125 CVE-2019-15213 CVE-2019-15215 CVE-2019-15217 CVE-2019-15219 CVE-2019-16994 CVE-2019-17053 CVE-2019-17055
Users with Oracle Linux Premier Support can now use Ksplice to patch
against the latest Oracle Linux Security Advisory, ELSA-2019-4871.
More information about this errata can be found at
INSTALLING THE UPDATES
We recommend that all users of Ksplice Uptrack running UEKR3 3.8.13 on
OL6 and OL7 install these updates.
On systems that have "autoinstall = yes" in /etc/uptrack/uptrack.conf,
these updates will be installed automatically and you do not need to
take any action.
Alternatively, you can install these updates by running:
# /usr/sbin/uptrack-upgrade -y
* CVE-2019-15219: Denial-of-service in USB 2.0 SVGA dongle driver when using a malicious USB device.
A logic error in USB 2.0 SVGA dongle driver could lead to a NULL pointer
dereference. A local attacker could use this flaw and a malicious USB
device to cause a denial-of-service.
* CVE-2019-15217: NULL pointer deference when using USB ZR364XX Camera driver.
A missing check when querying capabilities of USB ZR364XX Camera device
from user space could lead to a NULL pointer dereference. A local
attacker could use this flaw to cause a denial-of-service.
* CVE-2019-15215: Denial-of-service when disconnecting CPiA2 USB camera.
A use-after-free vulnerability in the V4L2 interface for CPiA2 USB
camera allows a malicious USB device to crash the kernel. An attacker
could exploit this to cause a denial-of-service.
* CVE-2019-15213: Denial-of-service when removing a USB DVB device.
A use-after-free when releasing a USB DVB device could lead to a kernel
crash. An attacker could exploit this to cause a denial-of-service by
plugging in a malicious USB device.
* CVE-2019-16994: Denial-of-service in IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel registration.
A missing free of resources when registering an IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel fails
could lead to a memory leak. A local attacker could use this flaw to
exhaust kernel memory and cause a denial-of-service.
* CVE-2019-17055: Permission bypass when creating a Modular ISDN socket.
A missing check on user capabilities when creating a Modular ISDN socket
could lead to a permission bypass.
* CVE-2019-17053: Permission bypass when creating a IEEE 802.15.4 socket.
A missing check on user capabilities when creating a IEEE 802.15.4
socket could lead to a permission bypass.
* Improved fix to CVE-2019-1125: Information leak in kernel entry code when swapping GS.
The original CVE-2019-1125 did not correctly handle late microcode
updates resulting in a missing mitigation if the microcode was loaded
after boot time.
Ksplice support is available at ksplice-support_ww at oracle.com.
More information about the El-errata