[El-errata] ELBA-2017-3211 Oracle Linux 6 preupgrade-assistant bug fix and enhancement update
Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Mon Dec 4 15:10:22 PST 2017
Oracle Linux Bug Fix Advisory ELBA-2017-3211
The following updated rpms for Oracle Linux 6 have been uploaded to the
Unbreakable Linux Network:
Description of changes:
- update rhel references/replace logo
- Add Oracle key id to those considered signed (Dwight Engen)
- Add Oracle key to scripts.txt
- Rebased to upstream version 2.5.1
- Fixed --upload, --riskcheck and --cleanup options when no module set is
present in /usr/share/preupgrade
- Not inserting 'solution' key to module.ini by preupg-content-creator
- Fixed --list-rules with custom module set
- Added httpd to the dependencies for the preupgrade-assistant-ui package
- Fixed replacing placeholders with solution texts during the XML/HTML
- rebased to upstream version 2.5.0
- Name of a module set directory can now be arbitrary and
is now required in the directory
- Module set can now contain an executable 'init' script which is executed
after the "common" files-gathering stage and before execution of the
- Possible to skip building UI now
- READMEs moved from '/usr/share/preupgrade' to '/usr/share/doc'
- Removed CPE platform from the result report
- Removed obsolete 'RESULT_FAILED' and 'check_root()' from bash API and
'exit_failed()' from python API
- Removed deprecated 'preupg-create-group-xml' utility - it's superseded
- It's not allowed anymore to have 'solution' and 'check_script' keys in
'module.ini' - the solution file and check script need to named
'solution.txt' and 'check'
- '<module set directory>/common/release_version' file and
'<module set directory>/common/<src_arch>-<dst_arch>' directory are
required for performing the system assessment
- Before the STDOUT and STDERR was not shown for the 'pass' and 'fixed'
in the simple style report ('--old-report-style' option). Now they
no matter what the result of a module is.
- 'preupg-content-creator': Not entering module's 'description' or 'title'
could break processing of a module set. They are mandatory to input now.
- Module set 'all-xccdf.xml' is not being corrupted now in case of using the
- Fixed links to files and directories in Web UI reports
- The Preupgrade Assistant can run again on RHEL 6.7. The previous release
could run on RHEL 6.8+.
More information about the El-errata